Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Only From the mind of Minolta

I took some time researching cameras that might possibly be of interest to folks, and that very few people would have. I found one that I thought was pretty funky looking and was certainly a rarity. Along with this, the camera has a Rokkor lens of which I have become a convert very quickly. I got on e-bay, paid too much, and picked up a good example of the camera. I took a roll of test shots and took the film to the developer. It took three weeks to process the film and, in the meantime, someone at Nelsonfoto.com already posted about the camera, thereby stealing my thunder.

The camera is.....thunder roll please.....feel the suspense building.....

The Minolta 110 zoom with the oddest looking SLR body of all time.


I took a roll of film but had some difficult times with composition and such. The camera is not natural for me to hold and I don't think I will be using it again any time soon. I might try a few more rolls of film that came with the camera, but will probably just sell it. The camera is fine, but I can't get past the way it feels in my hands. My fingers are a bit long anyway, so that might have something to do with it.





2 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger MikeR said...

I don't know much about the Ricoh series of cameras. Thanks though, now I'll probably end up searching these out, falling in love with them and spending my kids food money to buy more cameras. :) I'll do a little search over at Nelsonfoto and see if it brings anything up.

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger mfophotos said...

Mike -- I have had one of these for 5 years or so, and though I have rarely used it lately, I was always impressed with the results, esp considering the 110 negative size. I put close-up lenses in front of mine once for some real decent macro. It IS like holding a hambuger when you shoot with it, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home