Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Pinhole Update

I took some time to rework my pinhole camera named The Vulture. I decided to add two more pinholes in the beast to add creative effect. I also added a 1 1/2 " strip of wood around the outside to effectively add a type of light trap and I added about two inches to the length to make the camer less of a wide angle. I then spent some time making matching pinholes in old Coke cans. After about 5 pinholes, I had three that would match closely enough. After the thing was assembled and the insides were painted black, I thought I would paint the outside a nice color that wouldn't attract too much attention. I think I hit on the perfect color, plus, being a Vulture, it needed some pizzaz.

This is the image I took using the outside two pinholes. There is actually only one set of three skulls but the camera takes a duplicate image of everything for every pinhole used. If you look closely, you can see an overlay of stone and wood. Skulls are the ultimate subject for a Vulture.

This is an image taken with the Merlin pinhole from earlier. Both exposures were for about 12 minutes.


Post a Comment

<< Home