Monday, February 20, 2006

Fuji Half-Frame

I just picked up a Fuji Half-Frame camera from a very nice lady who is selling her father's photography gear. I ended up buying way too many cameras, but am quite excited about using all of them. This little gem uses 35mm film, but shoots two pictures on one frame, thus the name--Half Frame. Pretty cool stuff actually. There are whole groups dedicated to using half-frame cameras. Some even have a sort of cult following. Think about the economy of the thing, 72 images on a roll of 36 exposure film, and you don't even have to deal with obsolete film such as 110. I didn't even need to put a battery in the thing because it uses a selenium meter and was stored in a nice case so the meter is still good. I rolled some ultrafine B&W into an empty Fuji cartridge (it said use Fuji film so I decided to trick the thing), and went out and shot about 15 shots. The camera is small, quiet, and quite like a point and shoot. I liked it so much that I have a roll of Kodak Max color film in it right now.


This can be a tough shot for many cameras sensors because of the bright sunlight directly on the white bark. This turned out pretty well. I just like Birch Bark.



Self portrait taken to test the self timer. I can see that I need to loose about 200 lbs. so no more self portraits, the camera exposed pretty well in indoor light.



Hip shot in a very hip restaurant. I need to watch my framing. Actually, the camera is pretty well suited for street photography because it is quite small and quiet. I just need to figure out how wide the lens is--meaning, 28mm lens on a 35mm camera is quite wide and can take in much of a room or scene, but because this is taking half of that, then 28mm is more like a normal 50mm lens on a 35mm camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home