Thursday, February 09, 2006

Minolta Himatic 7s and Rokkor lens

These rangefinder cameras are quite good and the lenses are fabulous. I have yet to meet a Rokkor that I didn't like. I rolled some B&W and went out to test the beast. When I first got it, it was the most dirty disgusting camera I have ever had. It looked like it had been dipped in frying oil, then dropped in the mud. Thanks e-bay. Anyway, I cleaned it up as best as I could and went to shooting. I still need to figure out how to set all the controls but I am happy with the results. Did I mention that this lens rocks? I could have a dozen more of these cameras and nothing else and I would be happy. Click on images to see larger size.

Self portrait

The ugliest sculpture I have ever seen but decent for testing the light. Freud would have a heyday with this sculpture.

Another light test.

First indoor shot of my office to test some indoor lighting.

I was in stealth mode here trying to do a little street photography. I shot this from the hip so that no one would know. Nice test of a highly backlit scene.

Crop of a baseball practice.

My favorite so far.

2 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The Rokkor lens is sweet. I have a Hi-Matic 9, love it. And I think I see a Kodak Premo Pony on your shelf. Have you ever shot that one? Nice blog, keep it up!

FYI - I went out and took some photos with my Contina and Pantar lenses this week - I guess you got me thinking about it. The results were not good. I suspect the rear element has issues - there was nothing in focus at all. Will try to clean and reshoot - or perhaps get another Contina IIa/III with Pantar removeable lens and try again.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger MikeR said...

I have taken some photos with the Kodak and they turned out surprisingly good. I was kind of laughing because the thing is pretty low tech and made of plastic, but my father-in-law reprimanded me because, in his day, they were the thing to get. I will post some photos taken with that soon.

The Contina is certainly worth the effort. I had a lens once that the rear element was turned completley around and had some focusing issues, to say the least. The focul settings might be off as well. Good luck. Send you results, and I can post them here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home