Monday, January 09, 2006

Super-Takumar fever

I just purchased a Pentax SV camera from the bay after reading a similar post at photo.net. The Super-Takumars are supposed to be some of the finest lenses made. I paid too much for this camera, but I am way excited to get it. I am looking at a 28mm and 135mm lenses for the camera. These focal lengths will give me the perfect lenses for most of my shots. The camera is the precursor to the Spotmatic made by Pentax and is all manual with no meter built in. Other cameras have used this lens mount so there are quite a few varieties available.

3 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The Super-Multi-Coated Takumars were the best SLR lenses ever made, and I'm a Canon FD fan saying this. The M42-mount Pentax Super-Multi-Coated 50mm f1.4 Tak is the best lens, period. Not that the Super-Tak or the Takumars aren't nice, but the S-M-C was the king. I use mine on a Bessaflex TM camera, I like the modern metering.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger MikeR said...

I just got a couple of Supers, a 55mm and a 135 that are pretty good. I shot a few shots with a 28mm Mamiya and have yet to try a 35mm. I will post some pics on the morrow. it is good to see you here. Thanks for the posts.

Mike

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am a fan of the SMC glass. I was a dyed in the wool Nikkor man untill I tried the SMC glass. I think that they are as good as it gets. I just wish that the bodies were a little bit more professional in features but it is really just a box to keep the film in... I have yet to use a bad one. The super Takumars are pretty much the same. I have used the old 300mm f4.0 tele takumar to make some very nice portraits. Bokeh deluxe. Enjoy em!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home