Thursday, March 23, 2006

Holga and Multnomah Falls

My little family and I just spent some time in Portland. My wife went to a scrapbooking convention and I ended up at a photography seminar all day Saturday. On the way back, we stopped at Mutnomah falls which is off the freeway going into Portland. Before we left, I decided to take the Holga and Minolta 7s on this trip. I was hoping to get some street shots with the Holga, but it didn't happen because of our three month old daughter and my need to hold her every minute on this trip. Upset babies don't make for the best photography trip. On the way back, we decided to stop and hike the falls. It is one mile to the top of the falls. The falls lie in the Columbia River Gorge which is a true marvel of beauty. The Holga turned out to be perfect for this hike.







4 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger MikeR said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Mods. I noticed that the aperature never changes no matter what setting I put it on. I need to adjust that so I don't loose photos due to overexposure. A bitty tripod is also a good idea. They are cheap. Gracias.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger micki said...

I just love these shots! I have been investigating getting a Holga due to all the great photos (like these) I've been seeing on the blogs.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger mfophotos said...

Niiiiiiice stuff, Mike! I am coming up with a new term (at least I have not seen it before) regarding Holga and toy camera and lensbaby shots -- Neopictorialism. Sound better than toycamera photos. I really like the bridge shot.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger MikeR said...

Thanks Mark. I like the sound of Neopictorialism. It makes us Holga users sound like artists.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home