Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Format?

I have been looking at various blog formats lately, including the one photo per page and the format that I use now. I prefer this format because I like to talk about photography as much as I like to take photos. I notice, however, that the pages most likely marked as favorites are those that use the one photo per day format. Any ideas? I want to keep this somewhat alive and vibrant so that people can come back to it and so it doesn't die. I feel pretty good that I have had around 400 hits now, 395 of those were me checking to see if anyone is reading, but I certainly want the momentum to continue. Wish my blog luck!!

2 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,

I think the format works well for what your doing, it's less image and more image and text, I think however you could afford to bring down the number of posts on the front page, perhaps three posts on the front page and let people then go through the archives if they're interested.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger MikeR said...

Jeremy,

Thank you for the feedback. I was worried about the speed of the pages loading, especially for dial-up users. I went ahead and changed teh front page to show only three days worth of postings, not the seven it was. Let me know if it is any better.

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home