Sunday, October 29, 2006

Where I live part of the time

I resigned from my job at the university so that I could teach English and Spanish. I ended up getting offered a job to teach at a small school near Joseph Oregon. The area is spectacularly beautiful, with mountains surrounding the whole area, and wildlife all around.

The school was getting ready to sell off all of the darkroom supplies so I decided to rescue all that good stuff, and started a photography club. I ended up with around 25 members, which is more than I thought we would have. I mentioned the fact that we were meeting for the first time, over at nelsonfoto, and the fine folks there started sending gifts. I got a few 35mm cameras to loan those students that didn't have a camera, chemicals to develop film and paper, 100' of film, and various goodies. The generosity from those folks is amazing.










3 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike -- beautiful place (and pictures!), but I hope your house isn't the one in the last picture: it looks like it could stand some summer residents, but probably not winter ones.

(- Philip at Nelsonfoto)

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger MikeR said...

Thank you much. That place is a bit drafty this time of year. You might get a few visitors in the summer, like racoons, skunks, and mice but the fresh air is nice (except when the skunks are there).

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a great story about the new club! Good luck with it all! I hope they appreciate you at your new job... I'm sure they do. These pictures look great by the way. Still keeping at it huh? Great work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home